At Maltby Aquatics we offer a range of affordable services from initial design and setup to maintenance of existing aquariums, with friendly expert advice from qualified aquatic professionals. Choose the service which suits your needs and contact us for a free no obligation quote.
Aquarium Design and setup
Maltby Aquatics specialises in setting up Coral reef Aquariums, from the design of aquarium to the selection of all the necessary equipment with vast knowledge of the best products available at very competitive prices. We cater for both large and small nano reef aquariums and offer a glass drilling service along with full plumbing service to incorporate sump systems to keep all the equipment out of the main aquarium hidden away in the cabinet. We mainly recommend the Berlin method of reef keeping, using live rock for filtration and to create stunning reef landscapes. Maltby Aquatics will set the aquarium up and take all the hassle of getting everything sorted and offer advice throughout the process. We can design any aquarium to suit any fishes and corals needs and will advise on stocking selections. We offer the complete package to realise a stunning reef display.
If you are looking to set up a Coral Reef aquarium but need that extra bit of help let Maltby Aquatics guide you to sucess, contact us to discuss your requirements, Maltby aquatics offer free no obligation quotes.
* We offer a great aftersales when selecting this package, we provide continued advice if an issue occurs and a free maintenance visit is also included in the price to ensure the aquarium is living up to your expectations.
Aquarium Maintenance service
The Aquarium Maintenance service covers a broad range of activities and is priced depending on aquarium. Does you aquarium need a clean up? Do you need some extra advice on an aquatic issue? Does your pump need servicing? Do you need help installing a new calcium reactor? The Maltby Aquatics Aquarium Maintenance service could be the answer, this package includes the following as standard;
- Full Aquarium Health check
- Full equipment check
- Full water quality test followed with easy to understand advice
- Partial water change/ gravel siphon (if applicable)
- Algae clean (on front and sides)
- Stubborn pest removal, hair algae, bubble algae and nuisance anemones.
- Pump cleaning
- Skimmer cleaning, replacing air-stones in air driven units
the following are extras which are included if appropriate;
- Sump maintenance
- UV bulb changing
- Aquarium bulb changing (if applicable)
- Equipment installation and advice
- Coral supplements
- Fish and coral additions
- Reverse Osmosis unit Maintanence
* Free advice from experts
Aquarium Holiday Service
Going away on holiday? Your fish tank will be in safe hands if you choose Maltby Aquatics. If local to the Harpenden, Luton or St.Albans area we offer a holiday package which can vary depending on the needs of you and your fish. Standard services include;
- Fish health check and equipment check
- Top up sumps
- Fish feed every 3 days
- Water change if service is over a 2 week period, quick aquarium clean
- High valued fish aquariums will be linked up to an online monitoring system which will alert for any changes in Ammonia and temperature 24/7
* This holiday package can be taken at a discounted price for existing customers using Maltby Aquatics Aquarium Maintenance service.
Reverse osmosis and pre mixed salt water delivery
It can be a hassle making up salt water and having to go to the local aquatic shop to pick up heavy water barrels, for a small charge we will pre-mix the salt water to required specifications using a high quality salt mix and can also deliver Reverse Osmosis water (Zero TDS) perfect for topping up evaporated reef aquariums. Contact us to discuss your needs.
- Reverse Osmosis water purification installation
- Emergency issues such as equipment failure
- Health issues and treatment advice